Hepatitis E is a liver disease caused by the hepatitis E virus: a non-enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded ribonucleic acid (RNA) virus. Annually there is estimated 20 million hepatitis E infections occurs worldwide. Hepatitis E causes over 3 million symptomatic cases and 56 600 hepatitis E-related deaths annually (WHO).
We believe that researchers from Nepal and abroad have to team up and work toward reducing the burden of hepatitis E, especially in pregnant women.
Objectives of the Symposium
- To explore HEV epidemiology in Nepal
- To explore the diagnostic options and its challenges associated with HEV infection
- To discuss the clinical presentations & its complications associated with HEV infection
- To discuss the relation between HEV and pregnancy
- To identify preventive measures for HEV infections
- To generate recommendations in order to formulate national policy, strategy and interventions for prevention of HEV infections